In this tutorial I will show you how to make a sea-glass pendant using wire. This method will work for any un-drilled stone, any shape, and it will always come out good, trust me. All you need is to pre-made the wire wrapping, and you will learn how to do this right here, right now.
Here is the sea-glass pendant that I made.
Materials: a piece of seaglass, wire, pliers and cutters. I used a dark green piece of sea-glass from Nova Scotia and brass wire 22 gauge.
First steps are to cut the wire and prepare the wrapping.
- You need to cut two pieces of wire, approx. 3 times the perimeter of your stone. My stone is 1.5″ long, my wires are about 10″.
- Then, you cut 3 shorter pieces of wire, about 3″ each.
- Wrap the short pieces around the the two long ones, as shown in the picture. Trim and tuck in the ends.
- Separate the wires, in a diamond shape, as shown.
Next steps are to make the bail and finish our pendant.
- Hold tight the pre-made wire wrap, close to the stone, with one hand.
- Bend two wires and and make the loop.
- Wrap the other two wires around the loop.
Trim all the four wires to make them even, and coil the ends, as shown.
Voila! The pendant is finished!
Tighten the coils and press gently the wire wrap close to the stone, and to your liking, of course. Here is the pendant we just made, front and back.
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and you will try to make some amazing pendants yourself. I have a few seaglass pieces listed in my store, take a look! VISIT MAGICK STONE store!